11 Oct Sao Jorge DOP 7 months Cheese Pie (“Thanksgiving Day”)
Happy thanksgiving to all of you! Specially this year where we can gather all the loved ones around again. To present your friends and family with a special treat, Chef Francisco Siopa developed a quick, simple and yet delicious recipe for today’s dinner: cheese pie!
Taste and delight yourself!
This recipe is enough for two 18cm diameter pies:
- 5 eggs
- 7 oz sugar
- 13.2 oz cheese cream
- ´14.5 fl oz cream
- 13.2 oz of 7 Months Ilha de Sao Jorge Cheese
- 6.1 oz of flour
- Biscuit base: 4.9 oz ground biscuit and 2.5 oz melted butter
- Line the bottom of a baking tin with the biscuit mixture and set aside.
- Melt the cheese Sao Jorge DOP 7 months with cream and put in the thermomix.
- Add the cheese cream and mix.
- Involve the sieved flour with the cheese cream
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and add to the previous mixture
- Pour into the mould previously lined with the biscuit and bake at 170º for 20 minutes.
- After cooling, serve with a pumpkin jam.
Check the recipe on the video below: