19 May Island cheese slices with fresh tomato and basil
- Island cheese 240 g
- Red onion 72 g
- Peeled tomatoes 40 g
- Black olives 60 g
- Basil to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Fig vinegar 0.12 dL
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Flower of salt to taste
- Cut the cheese into thin strips.
- Chop the red onion, season it with vinegar and salt and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Peel and chop the olives.
- Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and cut them into small cubes.
- Cut thin slices of basil into julienne.
- Arrange the cheese slices in the center of the plate, top with red onions, olives, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, basil, and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt flower.
If you don’t have fig vinegar, you can substitute it with balsamic vinegar