26 Jul Cheese bread
Time for a snack? Here’s a quick and easy recipe for the perfect snack: cheese bread. Believe us, it will be the perfect snack for the weekends!
You will need:
4 cups tapioca flour
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup water
6 tablespoons oil
1 1/2 cups grated São Jorge DOP cheese
1 cup shredded of Ilha cheese
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees with a rack in the middle.
2. Combine the milk, water, oil and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
3. Add the tapioca flour to the bowl of a stand mixer and, once the milk mixture boils, pour it over the flour. Turn the mixer on and mix it well. The texture will be fondant-like, really white and sticky.
4. With the mixer still on, add the eggs, one at a time. You will think they won’t mix, since the tapioca flour mixture is so sticky, but hang in there cause they will.
5. Once the eggs are incorporated, add the cheese, a little at a time, until fully incorporated.
(If thee dough is too liquid, add some more tapioca flour.)
6. To shape the balls, wet your hands with cold water and, using a spoon, scoop some of the dough to shape balls that are a little smaller than golf-sized.
7. Place the balls on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bring it to the preheat oven.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden and puffed.